The initial text gives you a bit of information about myself and how I started in this industry. Towards the end of the page is a list of key areas where I’ll be able to help you get going on running a successful Bed and Breakfast business of your own.
I started running my own two-bedroomed Bed and Breakfast business at Castleton House in Mere, West Wiltshire in 2003. My occupancy rates average 65% throughout the year, with many repeat and recommended customers.
In the late 1990s I read Hotel & Catering Management at Sheffield Hallum University which taught me to become more profit focused and gave me a deeper understanding of the importance of customer needs and changing trends.
Over the years I have been assessed by the AA and Quality in Tourism who implement grading for Visit England and have consistently achieved 4 stars and on my last inspection a Silver award, and Castleton House has an excellent profile on Trip Advisor. I can also advise on wheather to advertise in Alistair Sawday’s Special Places to Stay, Wolsey Lodge, Bed and Breakfast Nationwide, Quintessential Bed and Breakfast and Britain’s Finest – to name just a few. I’m also happy to help with Google Analytics and MailChimp. I also regularly use the on-line marketing tools Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
You might like to read my article written for the on-line forum Life After London http://lifeafterlondon.com/useful-information/lifestyle-articles/bb-should-you-consider-it-in-your-new-home/
I can help you with
- How running a B&B might impact/enrich your existing lifestyle
- Complying with current legislation
- Identifying your target market according to the accommodation you offer and where you live.
- Website promotion and Search Engine Optimisation
- Where to advertise – both on and off-line
- What the grading inspectors will be looking for
- Establishing room rates for your property
- Turnover targets and the implications of reaching the VAT limit
- Running through the practicalities of where the guests will need have access to in your home
- Advice on suppliers of beds, bedding, linen, insurance companies, printers and furniture,
- Obtaining Food Hygiene Saftey Certificates