These are some of gardens in this area that I have particularly enjoyed visiting. Obviously some of them have particular times of year when they are at their best, however I hope that in this list there will be something to tempt you whatever time of year.
I can provide you with any information you require and print off maps for you to take if that helps.
1. The National Trust Gardens at Stourhead. Just three miles away and I can give you directions, open throughout the year
2. Iford Manor, Nr Bradford on Avon, Wilthshire, BA15 2BA Open April to September on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays from 2-5
3. Cothay Manor, Greenham, Nr Wellington, Somerset, TA21 0JR. Open from April to September on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays
4. East Lambrook Manor Gardens, South Petherton, Somerset TA13 5HH Open from 10–5, every day in February, May, June, and July. During March, April, August, September and October the gardens are open from Tuesday to Saturday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
5. Chiffchaffs, Chaffymore, Bourton, Gillingham, Dorset SP8 5BY. Open from 2-5 on Sundays from March to September
6. Mapperton House, Beaminster, Dorset, DT8 3NR. Open daily except Saturdays from 1st April to 31st October
7. Heale House, Middle Woodford, Salisbury, SP4 6NT. Open from 10-5 from 1st February to end of September on Wednesday, to Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays.
8. Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, Bullers Way, Abbotsbury, Nr Weymouth, Dorset, DT3 4LA. Open from 10-5 or 4 in the winter, all year except from 22nd December to 1st January.
9. Sherborne Castle, New Road, Sherborne, Dorset, DT9 5NR, 1st April to 28th October between 11-4.30 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays. There is also an excellent garden centre and café.
10. Tintinhull Gardens, Farm Street, Tintinhull, Yeovil, BA22 8PZ, Open 10-5 Wednesday to Sunday 17th March to 4th November.