All of these walks can be made either from our front door or are less than half an hour in the car to reach the starting point.
I can provide you with any information you require and print off maps for you to take if that helps.
1. Mere Down, Whitesheet Hill and the Medieval Strip Lynchetts around Mere.
2. Six Wells Bottom, Stourhead Estate, lunch at The Spread Eagle Inn recommended – 3 miles
3. Around the Deverills, either 8 or 16 miles
4. The Longleat Estate starting at Heaven’s Gate 5.2 miles, enjoy lunch at The Bath Arms in Horningsham
5. The Shaftesbury Heritage Trail, in the lovely town of Shaftesbury be sure to see ‘Gold Hill’ and the Abbey ruins, lunch at Turnbull’s is also recommended. 3 miles
6. Walk up to the top of the famous Tor at Glastonbury
7. Around Stourhead, Alfred’s Tower and then into Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire 8.5 miles
8. The Woods at Ashmore 5.7 miles, the airfield at Compton Abbas has a good café.
9. Cadbury Castle, South Cadbury, 6.8 miles, with lunch at the Queen’s Arms in Corton Denham
10. The Sky Line Walk around Bath 6 miles, if you started early and walked in the morning then a visit to the American Museum in the afternoon would be possible